Laura Rosenbaum-Bloom, MD has been in private practice since 1992, and on Hilton Head Island since November 2001. She is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology; and specializes in Adult, Adolescent and Child Psychiatry. Currently, her clientele consists of all ages.
Dr. Rosenbaum-Bloom completed Medical School; a four year residency in Adult Psychiatry; and an additional two year fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Cincinnati. In addition, Dr. Rosenbaum-Bloom completed a two year Advanced Psychotherapy Program at the Cincinnati Psychoanalytical Institute.
Education and Training
- Board Certified in Psychiatry by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Board Eligible: Child & Adolescent Psychiatry since July 1992
- Board Certified: Adult Psychiatry since October 1999
- Residency and Fellowship: Completed four years of Adult Psychiatry and a two year fellowship of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati Medical Center
- Medical Education: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, Graduated June 1982 with Honors in Psychiatry
- Medical License: Ohio State Medical License since 1983; National Boards passed in March 1983; South Carolina Medical License since April 2001
- PreMed Education: Columbia University, New York, NY, September 1976 – September 1977
- Undergraduate Bachelor of Arts – Psychology: Beloit College, Beloit, WI; First Year – Boston University, Boston, MA
- Post Fellowship Education: Advanced Psychotherapy Program, Cincinnati Psychoanalytical Institute –
September 1997 – June 1999
- Research Experience: Children’s Hospital, University of Cincinnati Medical Center
- Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association
Dr. Rosenbaum-Bloom is originally from Ohio and met her husband, Martin Bloom, there in 1991. In 2001 Dr. Rosenbaum-Bloom and Martin moved to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina where they both enjoy all the island has to offer. Martin loves to play golf and bridge. Dr. Rosenbaum-Bloom loves to run and enjoys an active lifestyle. They both love spending time with their dog, Ollie.